In “Chuck Leavell’s Stride Blues” Rock Essentials series we debunk the misconception that Improvisation is running up and down scales and we show how playing “shapes” is an easier way to improvise.
We’ve received lots of positive feedback on this approach which leads us to the following questions:
- What are the best methods and techniques for learning to improvise?
- For those of us with limited time to practice what is the most efficient way to learn?
- What are the biggest mistakes and myths among people learning jazz & blues piano?
- What are the biggest wastes of time?
- What are the biggest mistakes novices make when they are playing/practicing?
- Even at a professional level, what mistakes are most common?
Click here for the lessons: “Chuck Leavell’s Stride Blues”
Reply below to let us know what you think!!!